In April 1913 a contract was let to A.H England to erect a school and quarters. The school was officially open by Mrs Violet Cullerton (Head Teacher) on the 4th July of the same year with an enrolment of 31 students. The next 40 years saw a range of building programs with the school being reclassified as a Junior High School in 1958 with an enrolment of 239 primary and 27 post-primary aged students.
Between 1960 and 1972, significant upgrades of facilities included a “Home Science” Centre, Manual Arts Workshop and additional classrooms. A two-year project was completed in 1975 with the construction of a Library Resource Centre.
In the early 1990’s, an extensive building program was embarked upon resulting in a dedicated “Home Economics” centre, a Science laboratory and an Education Support classroom along with extensions of the undercover area. An Education Support Unit for students with special needs was in operation until 1995. To support the Department of Education and Training commitment to inclusive practice, education support students were integrated into mainstream schooling.
In 1994 an onsite Pre-primary Centre was opened to support the pre-compulsory years of schooling. Over the last 17 years, the pace of technological change has had a considerable impact on the school with the school now almost completely wireless and with SmartBoards in most classrooms throughout.
In 2010 the school was allocated funding through the Australian government program, Building the Education Revolution (BER). In September 2011 a new Early Childhood Education Centre (ECE) and specialist Art and Music rooms were opened. The ECE centre has been utilised as a Pre Primary classroom since its opening.